We hear a lot about responsive design nowadays; but do you know what exactly it means? A responsive web design is one that allows the layout of a website to adapt to the size of the screen on which it is viewed. If the display screen is wide, it can easily display a site with multi-column content, but on a small screen, it can be presented as a single column.
So what makes this feature so important, and why must you have it for your website? Read on:
- One user has multiple devices – often of different sizes and types. They may search for something on their desktop at first, and come back to that site via a mobile search. To ensure that this user has a good experience regardless of what device they choose, it is imperative that the site works perfectly and consistently across those devices. It is quite likely that if this does not happen, the user may simply go to another site that has a responsive design, because they are not able to view your site properly.
- Mobile Invasion – any web designing company in India will tell you that more and more people all over the world browse, book tickets and shop on the go on their Smartphones and tablets. This means your site must be able to adapt to these screens.
- One Site, many screens, centralized management: updating one website continuously is tedious enough; imagine doing that with multiple sites! It will be a nightmare. If you have a single website with responsive design, you have to update just that site, and fix bugs or glitches just in one place. It saves time, money and effort. If you send the user to a mobile only site, you have double the work to do; what’s more, this site is capable of featuring only a small portion of the content that is displayed on the normal site.
- Google loves it: If your site design is responsive Google will take note of it and make sure it’s displayed high in the search results. Since last year, they started adding a ‘mobile-friendly’ tag to sites with responsive design, because they turned up in the search results on mobile devices. Since April 2015, Google started rewarding such sites by showcasing them high in the search results; so in a nutshell, responsive design is good for your SEO.
- Scalability: A responsive design will be able to support newer devices and screens in the future, as they are fluid and scalable. Regardless of whatever screen size used, the site will adapt and provide the user with an engaging experience!
Are you looking for a company engaged in web development in Kerala to implement responsive design for your website? At Syosys, we have achieved fantastic results with responsive design for dozens of clients. As one of the leading software development agencies in Kerala, we understand how important it is for your site. Call us at 9605057575 to know more!